Posted by : Ruby Escalona Monday, October 10, 2016

It's that time of the year again! Another readathon! I've signed up and I couldn't be more excited. It starts at 8AM on Saturday, October 22nd, and will end around 8AM on Sunday, October 23rd.

While I won't read the whole 24 hours (I need my nap time and my nighttime sleep as well as breaks for food, snacks, and whatnot), I will try my best to unplug from working online (except to make little updates every now and then and participate in some mini challenges), so hopefully my productivity book will work.


Throughout the day, my TBR is: 

  1. The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing - Bigger Pockets
  2. Retire Young, Retire Rich - Robert Kiyosaki
  3. The $100 Startup - Chris Guillebeau 
  4. The Book on Managing Rental Properties - Bigger Pockets 
While the first book is not technically a real book-- it's actually an e-book that I've printed out and is only around 80+ pages, I still consider it a book to read!

If you've noticed, my list is mostly non-fiction books and about personal finance and other investments. That's because I have devoted most of my time to studying and reading things that should help improve my life. You can read some of the best non-fiction books I've reviewed & recommended here.

Hope to connect with you guys at the readathon! This page will also be the place where I will post updates (instead of A Journey We Love, which is a blog I share with my husband).

******

Mid-Event Survey

 1. What are you reading right now?
Nothing. Still Retire Young, Retire Rich (stopped for a few hours to run errands and do grocery shopping, and meet up with a friend... in Barnes & Noble!)

2. How many books have you read so far?
Big fat ZERO

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Still the same book as above.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Meeting a friend, running errands, and all the normal stuff.  I just live like it's a normal day (even though it's not)



5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That people are so active on social media! It's just insane!



******

Hour One Challenge: 


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm reading from sunny Jacksonville, Florida!


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Mostly Retire Young, Retire Rich by Robert Kiyosaki - mainly because I am a few pages in and definitely taking notes (most of the books I'm reading are non-fiction and I take a lot of breaks to write down what I'm learning in a notebook)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
No snacks! My husband won't let me eat junk food

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Let's see, together with my husband, we blog about travel, financial independence, and occasionally books on our other blog, A Journey We Love. You can also see some of our photos from our travels & everyday life on our Instagram and on our Facebook page (would love it if you guys can follow us!) - We both read a lot of books if we're at home (after work, or whenever we are in airplanes or just on vacation)!


5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Looking back on my answers from the April 2016 readathon, I didn't really do much last time because I was in a travel seminar. This time, I don't really have much to do in the morning so I'll concentrate on reading, learning, checking social media updates that others posted (I love seeing their TBR piles), and pretty much getting ready for our afternoon appointments.   

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -